If you’re not familiar with the name, Keith Remington has been in the game for quite some time. Originally from NYC, Keith moved out to LA about 3 years ago after he wrapped up getting his Audio Engineering degree from SAE and teamed up with Atlantic Connection over at Westbay and the rest as they say is history…
Check out the latest mix from Keith Remington with a ton of rock solid selections showcasing the more soulful sounds of DnB!
Keith Remington- “Soul Good Volume 4”
SOULGOOD Volume4 by Keith Remington
1. London Elektricity – Billion Dollar Gravy – Hospital
2. Invaders – For All The People – Liquid V
3. Fresh feat. MC Darrison – All That Jazz – V Recordings
4. Roni Size – Its Jazzy (NuTone Remix) – Liquid V
5. Bungle – Just A Bit Closer – C.I.A. / Capone – Friday – Hard Leaders
6. Bebel Gilberto – Aganju (Commix Vocal Mix) – Atlantic / Interface – Get Low – Audio Zoo
7. Random Movement – Her Song – Innerground
8. Matt Doubt – Stop On By – NexGen
9. Makoto – Sentimental Moods – Creative Source
10. Tidal – Impressions – Good Looking
11. Tayla – Turn It Around – Good Looking
12. Submorphics – Postmodern Soul – Westbay
13. Mos Def – Panties (Zero Tolerance Remix) – White
14. TI – Why You Wanna (DNB Bootleg)
15. Concept & Shnek feat. DJ Crum – Bedford Avenue – Westbay International
16. Calibre & High Contrast – The Other Side – Signature
17. laco – Untouchables – Westbay
18. Marky & S.P.Y. – Fang Face – D Style
19. Marky & Makoto – Secret Place (Random Movement Remix) – Interground
20. Alix Perez – Crooklyn – Soul:R
21. Brandon Miles & Tricky Pat – Cold Sweat – Westbay
22. Lynx & Kemo – Semitones – Soul:R
23. Q Project – Back 2 Square 1 – Nu Directions
24. Lomax – Mercia – Ram Records
25. Netsky – Lost In This World – Talkin Beatz
26. Original Sin feat. Fexie Muiso – Your Love – Playaz
27. Camo & Krooked – The Escape – Mainframe Recordings
28. Submorphics – Back To Mine – Westbay
39. Zero Tolerance – Goes Around – Shogun Audio
30. Atlantic Connection – New York, Los Angeles – Westbay
San Francisco- The local bad boys of bass, Compression SF are back this month with another installment of face-melting good times over at 103 Harriett!
ITS BRYAN GEE
BRYAN MOTHERF***IN GEE!
Holy f***ing shiite, it’s the DUKE of drum and bass, BRYAN GEE. As head honcho of V RECORDINGS, BRYAN GEE discovered and signed everyone from RONI SIZE to KRUST to DJ DIE to DJ MARKY from Brazil.
As a DJ, though, GEE proves time and again that nobody DJs drum and bass as well as him. The man is a motherf**king drum and bass WIZARD. A larger-than-life, stoned to the bejeesus belt, upside-down NINJA of ultimate bass funkification. And just like he’s been rocking his legendary London club night MOVEMENT for the last decade, GEE is coming to COMPRESSION once again to remind everyone of just how that sh*it is done.
Check out a blistering recent live set from BRYAN GEE here:
COMPRESSION also welcomes back resident DANNY THE WILDCHILD. Another drum & bass legend, the WILDCHILD has been rocking stateside audiences like a hurricane for well over 15 years. Chopping, scratching, flipping and otherwise FUNKING UP the turntables in ways you never thought possible, the WILDCHILD takes the bouncingest tracks you ever heard and bounces them harder.
Like BRYAN GEE, the WILDCHILD is only ever aimed at rocking the dancefloor. So limber up! This night is going to work your shit out!
Also on the night are COMPRESSION resident badasses 2 CENTS, LUKEINO, MC AX!OM and THE COLONEL MC.
And check it: this is the Colonel’s first night back after a three-month hiatus with his new baby girl, so look for that man to lose his mind and RIP SH*T UP!
MEANWHILE, IN THE RUKKUZ ROOM:
We bring you bass warrior, SWYTCH of TRILLBASS. His mission is to rock a party with SUPER BASS. Swytch is just one of the four members of the crew that has defined a new sound in the world of Dubstep for the past few years.
With releases on labels all over the world, Including Rottun Recordings (Can), Shift Recordings (U.S), Ruff Records (France), Code of Arms (U.S) and their own ‘Trillbass Records’ Vinyl label, This crew continues to push their futuristic take on the dubstep genre to the basshead masses worldwide. Alongside a large collection of Digital releases and mixtapes, they continue to be known for their dirty bass, impeccable production, and incredible live shows.
Just to kick it up a notch Rukkuz is also bringing out MARK INSTINCT- Who is touring the US this year and bringing Solid Basslines to every event..The release “Sketchy Maxx” was in Digital Tunes and Trackitdown top 10 for 3 weeks running. It has since been remixed by the likes of Emu, Pawn, Richie August, RSK, Kellydean, Trillbass + more!
Having been signed to Aufect, Rottun and Betamorph Recordings for a load of forthcoming material, as well as an EP on Shift and an album on Trillbass, I’m sure you’ll be seeing this name all over the place soon. To top this, Enough of the chat, time to get your bassbins pumpin.
Also to make sure Rukkuz is pushing the speakers in 103 harriet SYMBL aka Arsenic from Evol Intent is gonna be dropping BOMBS that night as well. Dubstep’s gnarly producer Symbl has the knowledge of sub-bass and homicidal basslines, Symbl has been given multiple releases on Trill Bass and other top shelf dubstep labels.
Then we add the local heavy low end of NTRLD (Rukkuz, Badman Press, BrapDem), COMPRESSION’S own DJ IVRY with MC Child and Enhale on the MIC?!?!?!?!
The Rukkuz room is guaranteed to bring that bump to move your gurls rump.
AND IN THE GET-SEXY ROOM
COMPRESSION’s own DJ HAVOC will join DJ MEASURES and friends for that perfect in-between butt-shaking funk. Hip-hop to bassline and house music to B-more, the Get-Sexy room remains the place to grab a drink, grab a spot on the floor and then grab some ASS. HEYO!!
EDITOR’S NOTE: Due to circumstances beyond our control, we were unable to capture Bryan Gee’s set in our photos. We deeply apologize for this and hope to avoid this in the future, but hope you enjoy what we WERE able to capture for you.